Infurnity 2021 moved to 2022
The Covid-19 pandemic has been affecting the world for over a year now. Furry conventions around the world are still facing difficulties, or unable to resume in their former glory. Currently, Taiwan is also facing many challenges regarding the pandemic. Although the pandemic is temporarily under control at this stage, governmental restrictions prohibit events the size of Infurnity as a precaution.
Due to the uncertainty of changes in the epidemic and the fact that vaccination rates are not as high as anticipated, there is no way to predict when those restrictions will be lifted. Therefore, for the health and safety of our attendees, with a heavy heart our team has decided to postpone this year’s Infurnity to 2022.
The 6th Infurnity will still be held in the same venue - Fullon Hotel Tamsui Fisherman’s Wharf on October 28 - 30, 2022. The schedule and all planned events will be carried over to next year to minimize the impact on attendees.
We hope to provide a safe and enjoyable event for all our attendees, without the risk of infection and with sufficient time and resources to prepare an awesome convention for everyone. For now, we still hope that all of you will do their best to stay safe, healthy and fight the epidemic together.
Please refer to the following FAQ for further information. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us anytime at: infurnity @ gmail.com
All current room reservations (including suite raffle results) will be automatically rolled over to the convention date in 2022. No need to go through the booking process again. For example, a reservation for October 29 to 31, 2021 (Friday – Sunday) will be moved to October 28 to 30, 2022 (Friday – Sunday).
The hotel will send emails to notify about the new reservation date to all room bookers. If you’d like to cancel the room reservation, please notify the hotel before August 31st, 2021. The reservation will automatically be rolled over to next year after the deadline is due.
Should you need to cancel the room reservation, please contact the hotel directly using the following means. The hotel will assist you with the cancellation process.
￭ +886 (0)2-2628-7777
The refund process is expected to take 7-20 business days since it’s carried out manually, your patience is greatly appreciated. Should you have further questions regarding the refund, please contact the hotel.
Any rooms becoming available for reservation will firstly be given to attendees on the waiting list. In case of vacant rooms thereafter, room booking will reopen in 2022.
Should you cancel your room reservation and wish to book again, please contact the hotel directly. They will add you to the waiting list.
If you reserved a room at Hotelday+ Tamsui, your room reservation will also remain valid – no need to rebook. The hotel will send a transfer confirmation email to room bookers. Should you need to cancel the reservation, please contact the hotel as soon as possible. The hotel will help you with your request.
￭ Email Address : [email protected]
The refund process is expected to take 3-4 weeks, with handling fees charged from the bank.
If you reserved a room at any other nearby hotel and would like to cancel or change the date, please contact that hotel directly for your request.
- Yes, all events and the theme that we’ve already announced will be kept unchanged for next year (Oct 28-30, 2022) for attendees to enjoy and plan beforehand.
- As it is our tradition, registration will start during Furrymosa, the furry doujinshi convention next year.
- Infurnity has grown into an international furry convention over the years. As we’ve sealed a contract with the hotel and rooms have been reserved, changes in size or any major aspect would have a huge negative impact on both parties. We have therefore taken the approach of postponing it to the same time next year.
- The ever changing pandemic and unpredictable changes in governmental restrictions make it very difficult for all parties involved. Short-hand changes in schedule will likely affect the feasibility for many attendees to participate. Furthermore, any short-term postponement will also impact preparations for next year’s convention, so it is not a reasonable option for us.
- It is common to start planning and preparing for the convention a year in advance. The decision to postpone the event will not be reconsidered since a late opening of registration and project applications will result in a shortage of preparation time.
- We expect to solicit more submissions and open up our online communication platform. The team is currently closely discussing and planning the implementation and will release further announcements as soon as possible.
- We’re extremely thankful for your enthusiasm! We look forward to your participation in the upcoming online events, and we will also be opening an online store and welcome any donation. The Infurnity team can’t thank you enough for your continuous support of our convention.